Impact National Postal Policy and other Public Policy matters that directly hit your bottom line:
Despite its relatively short history, ACMA has a proven track record of success. As the only trade group owned by and focused solely on cataloging, our mandate is clear: what is best for the catalog industry – now, and in the future. ACMA has proven access and effectiveness but our success is in direct proportion to the number of companies who join and get involved.
ACMA has a variety of ways to get involved, let us know your interests. We align functional skills and company interests with association needs and our current program of work. Members participate in postage rate policy, mailing standards and technical characteristics, membership development, testifying before various bodies including the USPS Regulator and Congress, public relations, trade outreach, strategic planning and association governance, to name a few. We are a member-driven organization and our continued success is due to your leadership and active involvement.
Direct Input for Your Company’s Needs:
As a member, your requirements go directly into the mix. The catalog industry is diverse: mail plans, marketing campaigns, company economics, merchandise, business models and strategy all vary greatly. It is impossible for ACMA to routinely consider direct input from non-members. Make sure your distinct interests and needs are represented. We issue questionnaires to solicit information about your company, mail plan, marketing operations or financial results and maintain an ongoing dialog on issues of concern to you. This allows us to better follow industry developments, focus on topics of interest to our members, and advise policy makers on the current needs of the catalog industry. (All proprietary member information is strictly confidential.) ACMA members have a direct voice in policy both in national policy and association priorities. Make sure we are informed about your needs so we can represent them.
Please click here for a list of ACMA’s Recent Achievements (updated February 2015)
Other Noteworthy Benefits:
- Access to the member-only side of the ACMA website with individual password access for as many associates from the same company as you desire.
- Periodic E-Newsletter providing notice of developments affecting the entire catalog industry.
- Access to back copies of all published materials in the special member-only restricted access side of our website.
- Periodic exclusive “member only” email updates providing details from Washington catalogers want to know. These updates typically contain more depth than circulated in our “E-Newsletter” which is available to the entire catalog industry, providing you with information you need to know in a concise format without the time consumed to sift through lengthy documents not specifically focused on catalogers.
- Periodic, needs driven “Technical Bulletins” on specific mailing issues of interest to catalogers. Stay informed on the major postal news affecting mail piece design and aesthetics without having to wade through mountains of unfathomable details!
- Summaries of major mail industry events such as the National Postal Forum and Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) meetings.
- Authorized use of the “ACMA” logo in all catalogs and sales collateral.
- Back-link from a dot-org website to your company URL to improve your company rankings in natural search standings.
- Ability to participate on any standing or ad hoc committee to become more involved in the advocacy work of our industry.
- Discounted attendance from non-member cost at ACMA conferences, meetings and Forums.
- Complimentary membership upon request in the National Mail Order Association and on request a free electronic subscription to the monthly Direct Marketing Digest, a $99.00 annual value.
- Plus a special mailer-focused news and education website at no additional cost (a $1,000 to $10,000 value). Ask us about the details!
An Unpublished Membership Benefit
There are many benefits to being a member of ACMA. Check out the full list here. In addition, we have a special non-published benefit available to your company: a free subscription to all publications, bulletins and updates produced by the Association for Postal Commerce or PostCom. The value of this subscription varies between $1,000 and $19,000 per year, depending on the size of your company. Through a special arrangement with PostCom, ACMA members can receive these detailed materials at no additional charge. Since ACMA updates cover most of the information catalog executives require, a PostCom subscription may be more appropriate for the postal specialist in your company. PostCom’s work is first class. Please see the PostCom page here on the ACMA site for additional details on information from PostCom and take a look at PostCom’s website. If you want to dive deeper still, please email Cathy Roden at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will request to have you subscribed. Better yet, join PostCom and help support industry-wide collaborative work to improve the operations, efficiency and ease of use of the mail.
Thank you for your support of the American Catalog Mailers Association.