Dear Remote Seller:
Please help us help you! The ACMA has established a Post-Wayfair Action Fund to tackle the fallout stemming from the Supreme Court decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair. It may not seem apparent right now, but your company faces a barrage of incoming obstacles. Here are just a few of them:
- You are on the verge of losing your right to successfully question crazy new sales tax collection requirements.
- A wave of audits and expected assessments is coming and will continue over the next few years.
- Any ability to successfully mount a legal challenge is nearly expired.
- The sales tax and nexus/physical presence laws changed last June; if you haven’t reviewed them thoroughly, your business may not be up to date on what is happening in remote sales tax requirements.
- And…even if you are attempting to comply, you may not be out of the woods.
What to Do About It
Our best approach to getting states to back off and be reasonable is to litigate now while we still can use potent Commerce Clause objections that cannot be used successfully in the future.
How You Can Help
ACMA is prepared to litigate provided we are properly funded. If we do not strike soon, our leverage will be lost. So please help by making a donation to our Post-Wayfair Action Fund. Click here to make your pledge or email email@example.com or call 800-509-9514 and we’d be happy to discuss this in more detail. Below, we offer a suggested pledge guide based on your company’s size:
- Up to $10M in revenues: $3,000
- Up to $50M in revenues: $8,000
- Up to $100M in revenues: $15,000
- Up to $500M in revenues: $25,000
- Greater than $500M: $25,000-$50,000
Thank you for your help and support.
President & Executive Director
American Catalog Mailers Association