- Dates: If you come to the October 11th fly-in, plan to arrive in time for our prep/dinner* on October 10th at 6:00 pm. Same goes for our second fly-in on November 14th, where we’ll have a final chance to push our issues over the goal line. Plan to arrive the night before for a “prep/dinner* on November 13th also at 6:00 pm.
- Cost: Free*. The ACMA feels these fly-ins are so crucial to the catalog industry’s future that we will bear all general costs. Therefore, both fly-ins will be free to ACMA members. Non-members are invited too; this is a great way to get to know more about issues affecting your business and what you can do to change outcomes in your favor. (*- You will still be responsible for your own travel, food & lodging costs; the prep-dinners will be “dutch.”)
- Why the November fly-in too? It’s likely there will be a lame duck session this year. We want to get in early after the mid-term elections to rekindle the relationship and brief our politicos on what must be done. Many of our types of bills historically pass during lame duck sessions.
- What’s next? Plans are coming together as we speak. Therefore, we need to hear from you ASAP advising us whether you can make one or both fly-ins. Simply click here and provide all details requested in your email.
- How should I plan my trip(s)? Plan to fly/rail/drive the afternoon prior to make it into Washington in time for the prep dinners and lobby training the evenings before. For your return, book an evening flight or train after the Hill meetings; ideally no earlier than a 6:00 pm departure back home.
- Deadlines: The deadline for registering for the fly-ins has essentially passed, so RSVP right away and we’ll get you in.
Thank you. While we all know the fall season is crunch time, the stakes are enormous, so please try to make the appropriate arrangements to join us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the linked email above.