In April 2019, the Postal Service announced CAPS accounts with 100% eligible products will need to migrate to EPS.
Customers requiring information on CAPS to EPS migration can attend the weekly Industry call at this link: https://uspsmeetings.webex.com/uspsmeetings/j.php?MTID=md155fb6d03aa8feb7e67170eef20c328
CAPS to EPS Migration Key Dates:
- April 3, 2020 – Cancellation of Permits linked to a CAPS account with no activity
- On April 19, 2020 permits with no activity in the previous 12 months were cancelled and the CAPS account closed. CAPS accounts with remaining balances should contact the CAPS Service Center at 650-377-1334 or email address email@example.com to request a refund.
- May 1, 2020 – Active CAPS Trust Permits with a Business Customer Gateway (BCG) account
- Active trust customers with a BCG account can migrate to EPS until May 1, 2020. After May 1st the Postal Service will close the CAPS account and an EPS account will be created. Any remaining funds and linked permits to the CAPS account will transfer to the new EPS account.
- August 1, 2020 – Active CAPS Trust Permits without a BCG account
- Active trust customers who do NOT have a BCG account have until August 1, 2020 to migrate to EPS. After August 1st the CAPS account will be closed. To avoid impact to mail acceptance customers must create an EPS account and link their permits.
Effective August 1, 2020 CAPS Debit permits will no longer be funded as the CAPS account will be closed. To avoid impact at acceptance an EPS account must be created and linked to the permit.
- Local Business Mail Entry Units
- Email mailto:HQMailEntry@usps.com
- Mailing & Shipping Solutions Center @ 877-672-0007