Please join the ACMA Board on Thursday, November 2nd, for a crucial catalog-focused lobbying day, as we’ll spend a full day on Capitol Hill meeting with key members of Congress in all of our districts.
- Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 9:00 – 5:30 pm E.T.
- Cost: No fee – you just cover your own airfare, food and lodging costs
- Purpose: To advance catalogers’ primary goals in postal & remote sales tax
- Attendance: Led by ACMA staff, our Board and our government relations firm, this event is open to all ACMA members and non-members.
- RSVP: If you think you might be interested in joining us, please send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating so – and include your full name, company name, title and contact info. You won’t be “contractually bound” to it, but it will help us get a better idea as to how many industry members we should prepare for.
Why We’re Doing This
So far in 2017, Congress has made true progress in moving legislation that would reform the Postal Service and fix the growing problem of states taxing beyond their borders.
Postal: The Postal Service Reform Act of 2017 (H.R. 756) received strong bipartisan support in the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee earlier this year. Now, the legislation needs approval of the House Ways and Means Committee, then the full House. Members of Congress need to hear from ACMA members so they know to support the legislation when it comes up for a vote.
Tax: In 2017, the remote sales tax debate is playing out though legislation aimed to reign in states regulating beyond there borders. The No Regulation Without Representation Act (H.R. 2887) was the subject of a House Judiciary Committee hearing in July.
To get the bill through the next phase, we need your help lobbying your congressmen and senators to co-sponsor the bill.
ACMA will help you prepare for the Lobbying Day though training that will be offered in advance of the Hill visits. Stay tuned for more details!